- 1676 King Philip's War.
- 1704 Deerfield, Massachusetts, burned.
- 1708 Haverhill, Massachusetts, burned. Capture and escape of Mrs. Hannah Dustan.
- 1713 The Tuscaroras expelled from North Carolina.
- 1755 Braddock defeated by the French and Indians.
- 1763 Conspiracy of Pontiac.
- 1778 Massacre of Wyoming.
- 1794 Treaty with the Six Nations.
- 1804 Treaty with the Delawares.
- 1813-14 War with the Creeks in Florida.
- 1817 War with the Seminoles.
- 1832 War with Black Hawk. Stillman's defeat on Rock River.
- 1835 War with the Seminoles.
- 1837 Capture of Osceola.
- 1842 War with the Seminoles.
- 1854 (Nov. 29) "Chivington's massacre" near Fort Lyon; over 500 Indians, men, women and children put to the sword.
- 1855 Defeat of the Rogue River Indians.
- 1856 War with the Indians in Oregon and Washington Territories.
- 1862 Indian War and massacres in Minnesota.
- 1873 (Oct. 13) Execution of the Modoc murderers of Canby and Thomas Captain Jack, Schonkin, Boston Charley, and Black Jim.
- 1876 (June 25) The command of General Custer defeated by the Indians on Big Horn River, and General Custer and his entire force of 313 cavalrymen slain.
Wark's Modern Educator, The Saalfield Publishing Company, New York, Akron, Ohio, Chicago, 1904, p. 736.
Founding Documents Index